The Official Book
By Tanya Aldred
The only official guide to the top tournament in women's soccer—packed with facts, photos, and exclusive commentary
Will it come to a showdown between defending champions Team Japan and powerhouse Team USA, two-time World Cup winners and gold medalists at the 2012 Olympic Games? Or will Team Canada make the most of their home-field advantage and stage a surprise upset?
Expanded to include twenty-four national teams, the seventh FIFA Women’s World Cup promises more jaw-dropping plays and heart-stopping drama than ever before. Whether you’ll be in the stands or watching at home, you’ll want to keep this fun and informative guidebook—authorized by FIFA, the governing body of world soccer—close at hand.
- Incisive team profiles, with biographies of the coaches and star players
- Insider’s briefing on the tournament rules and venues
- A review of the qualifying rounds
- History of the FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Tournament statistics, a quiz, fill-in brackets—and more!